Palm oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the fruit of the palm. Palm oil is the second most edible vegetable oil in the world, second only to soybean oil.
What is palm oil made of? They are extracted from palm fruit. At present, about 20 countries in the world produce palm oil. Malaysia and Indonesia are the two major palm oil producers in the world.
Several steps to make palm oil:
1. Collect fresh and ripe palm fruit clusters from the orchard (the earth’s equator at about 15 latitudes is rich in palm fruit from north to south). Then, the fresh palm fruit is sealed and sterilized in a sterilization tank, and directly injected with steam for heating for 60 minutes. The purpose is to prevent enzymatic decomposition and avoid further increase of oil free fatty acid content.
2, After sterilization, palm fruit is separated from palm fruit bunch, palm fruit is the main product we are dealing with. The purpose of the palm fruit masher is to separate the pulp and mash the palm pulp. Also, steam is used to cook the palm fruit and break down the cells of the pulp.
3. After the palm fruit is crushed, it is transported to the screw oil press, and then we get the crude oil.
4. Because crude palm oil contains a lot of colloids, free fatty acids, and natural pigments, palm oil should be clarified before consumption.
5. The palm oil refining process is divided into 4 steps: degumming, deacidification, decolorization, deodorization and cooling filtration.
6. Palm oil can be sold directly to wholesalers after refining, or flow into the domestic market after packaging.